Monday, June 2, 2014

Village Merchants Host Glendora Girls Night Out Open House on June 12

            Here’s a unique fun way to get to know some Glendora Village businesses and their owners:

            “Glendora Girls Night Out Open House” on June 12, 6-9 p.m., at Glendora Interiors  (118 N. Glendora Ave., Glendora CA  91741; 626-335-7229) will be a way to get acquainted with business owners and learn about what they have to offer.  Guests will be able to indulge in home decor, fashion, food and beauty.




            The idea for Glendora Girls Night Out Open House came about in a conversation between Marlene Federico and Glendora Interiors’ owner Annette Nemeth.  

            “With shopping becoming less personal with online opportunities, my hope is to create an emotional experience to connect with my fellow merchants with the intermingling of our client bases to let them know all the special things available here in the village,” Annette explained.

            “All the business-women are so excited about this evening. They are all within walking distance and are planning a night full of special offers and never-before discounts to reinforce relationships with customers.”

            Glendora Interiors will host the evening full of fun with drawings for items from each merchant every 15 minutes. Home decor, fashion, “tasties,” spirits,  music and beauty are on the evening’s agenda.

            For example, Annette is offering a drawing for a free Glendora Interiors in-home consultation. You can find more details about other plans and drawings on Glendora Interiors’ blog or find information on the "Featured Items" link on www.glendorainteriors.com  and #glendoragirlsnight on Twitter and Instagram.

            “I can't tell you how many times I hear the phrase ‘How long have you been here? I didn't know you were here!’ I got to thinking I don't even know all the ins and outs of the merchants in the village either! While I knew them personally in passing I never reached out to them to connect my clients with their business,” Annette said.

            “I’ve found that people want eye contact with owners. This makes a special connection and emotional attachment to one another. My mission is to change the phrase from ‘I didn't know you were here’ to ‘I'm so happy my friend told me about you! Now I know where to shop in the Village!’”

            The next Glendora Girls Night Out Open House will be July 10; more information about it will be available soon.