Friday, September 5, 2014

Get fit with Zumba at Ms. T’s Dream Team Studio in Glendora Village

           Teresa Mendez achieved a dream on Sept. 1 when she opened her Ms. T’s Dream Team Studio to teach Zumba fitness in Glendora Village at 165 N. Glendora Ave.(upstairs).

Teresa Mendez, owner of
Ms. T's Dream Team Studio

           She previously worked with the City of Azusa Recreation Department for four years before taking steps to achieve her dream of opening her own Zumba studio.

           “With my students’ support I managed to get the studio open in a week,” she explained.

           Teresa, known as Ms. T to her many students, recalled her own transformation through Zumba on her website,  www.tmendez.zumba.com. 

           “I have been at one point in my life feeling that I needed to do something FUN to stay motivated and work out every day. I can only say that once I found Zumba I completely fell in love with being able to work out with what I loved the most (dancing)!” she wrote.

           “Zumba and healthy eating has helped me transform my body in a way I never thought possible and now I just want to help my students achieve the same results.”

          Ms. T offers all age classes at 9-10 a.m. Zumba, 10:15-11:15 a.m. Boot Camp, 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 7-8 p.m. Zumba, and 8:15-9 p.m. Zumba Sentao. She also offers a fun Kids Zumba Class Monday-Thursday, 4-5 p.m. (Monday and Wednesday age 7-11; Tuesday and Thursday age 3-6).             

           Fees are $45 (with one-time $10 registration), $65 a month for unlimited classes and $25/month for Kids Zumba.

            Teresa uses her Facebook page to stay in touch with her students. For more information, visit www.tmendez.zumba.com or call (626) 622-3537.